Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 191's apparent obsession

Wes played poker with some guys from work last week (and came home with $140!), so I took the opportunity to meander through my files of magazine clippings, and flip through a few issues I haven't fully taken in. I started to notice a pattern, and it was confirmed this morning as I scrolled through my digital files. Apparently, I have some sort of weird obsession with blue bedrooms. Have a look.


Photographed for Southern Accents, the dramatic bed clearly makes a statement. I like the white shade on the white Christopher Spitzmiller lamp. Very cool.


I love this one. I snagged the image from a Birmingham real estate Web site (strange, I know), so I have no idea who was responsible for it. It's so classic and comfortable, and I love old sunburst mirrors - they're much prettier than the ones I grabbed at TJ Maxx ...


This Berrie Benson-designed room is another favorite. It's quite cheerful, but looks restful, too. The 'Imperial Trellis' curtains give currency to an otherwise classic room.


I think when I have a guest room to decorate, I'm going to do it in robin's egg blue and red, like this room from Cottage Living. Red is a bit much for me in a room I would spend a lot of time, but I love this combination. If it's in the guest room, I can go in and look, but I don't have to sleep there. Perfect!


Clearly, I have several favorites, because this is one too. The bedside tables, the lamps and possibly even the throw pillows don't match, they go. Further proof that your home doesn't have to come in one bag to look cohesive (although, we already knew that, didn't we?). Image from pointclickhome.com.

I actually have my own blue bedroom at home, no doubt inspired in part by these. Currently, there are no sheets on the bed, there's a box of Christmas decorations (that mysteriously haven't made it into the attic) on the floor and there's a pile of laundry in the corner, but when all of those things are taken care of, I'll snap a picture and share it with you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you do any posts wuth non-decorating themes? Technically I came home with $185, $145 of which was profit. You didn't talk about the $50 I flipped your way or how I made it rain. C-

Jennifer said...

occassionally.

and yes, for the record, Wes generously gave me $50 of his winnings. what a peach!

Lindsay said...

Let's revisit this, a week later----

WES MADE IT RAIN?!??!?!? Wow.

Unknown said...

I love all of the bedrooms you posted! Beautiful!