Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 601's signs of spring


Pretty white tulips that Wes gave me on Valentine's Day. I love tulips -- they are such a trip. No matter how much time you spend arranging them, they pretty much do what they want. They also continue to grow in a vase of water, which I find so amusing.


I've been admiring these daffodils all week. They're on the gorgeous campus of Samford University, which is close to my office. I had to drive on campus to get a photo, but unfortunately, they're all facing the street! I think you get the idea. Don't be too decieved about the Alabama weather, it was only 45 degrees today, despite the sunshine and green grass in this photo.


And finally, a gratituitous picture of Maddie. She doesn't really have anything to do with spring, but she's pretty!

5 comments:

Candace said...

Looks like you and Wes have spring fever - I guess we are all getting it after a beautiful week last week and now another cold blast....

Happy Birthday, JL!

megan @ a life's design said...

Love the tulips! and Happy Birthday!

Double L said...

We've got spring fever BIG TIME up here in Pennsylvania...Are the daffodils really already out down there?!?! I have GOT to get us back down SOUTH...
Love the tulips. Yes, they always do just as they please...They've got attitude.
Maddie is PRECIOUS.

Haven and Home said...

Maddie is so cute!!!!!

Things That Inspire said...

White tulips are my favorite. I went to a wedding when I was in college (for a friend of the family) and the bridesmaids all had simple white tulip bouquets. I was so entranced with that idea that I did the same thing when I got married! Little did I know that white tulips are not exactly in season in November, so my parents must have paid an arm and a leg for them. Oh well!